- When Christ ascended to heaven did He leave His people alone to work out their salvation?
When Christ ascended to heaven He did not leave His people alone, but He poured out God’s Holy Spirit upon them.
- What is the primary ministry of the Holy Spirit towards God’s people?
The primary purpose of God’s Spirit on earth is to make God the Father known to His people by revealing Jesus Christ, Who is the express image of His Father, to them.
- What is the ministry of the Holy Spirit towards the world?
The Holy Spirit comes to convince the world about the sinfulness of sin, the righteousness of Christ and the eternal judgment to come.
- How is God’s Spirit involved in the conversion of sinners?
The Holy Spirit enables people in bondage to sin to turn from rebellion and place their trust in Christ, and so escape the wrath of God.
(1 Thessalonians 1:4-6, 1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
- What does the Holy Spirit do in those who repent and believe?
The Holy Spirit indwells all those who through enabling grace repent of their sins and trust in Christ, and by so doing transforms them into new creatures, giving them a firm desire to love and obey God.
(Ephesians 1:13, Acts 16:14, Acts 18:27, Philippians 2:13, romans 2:29)
30. How does the Holy Spirit comfort the new believer?
The Holy Spirit comforts the new believer by pouring out God’s love into his heart and testifying to his spirit that he is indeed a child of God.
(Romans 5:5, Romans 8:14-16)
- What else does the Holy Spirit do for God’s people?
God’s Spirit progressively forms holiness in the believer by giving him the knowledge of God’s will through the illumination of the Scriptures, and by giving him both the willingness and ability to do obey God’s will.
(2 Corinthians 3:18, Ezekiel 36:26-27)
- Why is the Holy Spirit called the Spirit of Truth?
God’s Spirit is called the Spirit of Truth because He inspired and illuminates the Scriptures, and because He guards God’s people from error by guiding them into all truth; all truth is found in Jesus Christ alone through the Bible which testifies about Him.
(John 14:26, 2 Corinthians 3:18)
- What will the Holy Spirit do for those who continue trusting in Christ until the end?
At the return of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit will transform the corrupt bodies of those who by grace have persevered in faith until the end into glorious and incorruptible bodies; the same kind of body Jesus Christ now has.
(Romans 8:11, 1 Corinthians 15:52-53)