- Who is the Redeemer of God’s chosen people?
The only Redeemer of God’s chosen people is the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal and living Word of God, who became man and who continues to be God and man in two distinct natures and one Person forever; He is the Son of God.
- Jesus is the Redeemer (1 John 2:2)
- Before Christ was a human He was God’s eternal and living Word (John 1:1-2)
- God’s living and eternal Word became a human being (John 1:14)
- God’s Son is both God and human at the same time (Romans 9:5)
- How does someone become part of God’s chosen people? (Repent and believe)
- Is Jesus half human and half God? (No, Jesus is 100% human and 100% God.)
- Can we fully understand this? (No, we accept it because that is what God has taught us in the Bible.)
- How did Christ, being the eternal Word of God, become human?
Christ, the living Word of God became human by assuming a real body and a reasoning soul, being conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit in the womb of a virgin named Mary and being born of her without sin; for this reason He is called the Son of God.
- God’s living Word was incarnate in a young woman named Mary who was a virgin (Matthew 1:20)
- When He became human He was called God’s Son (Luke 1:35)
- Can we fully understand how God’s Word became a human in the Mary’s womb? (No, we accept it because that is what God has taught us in the Bible.)
- In what way did Christ humble Himself?
Christ’s humiliation consisted in His being born as a man, and in that low condition, being made under the law, undergoing the miseries of this life, the rejection of man, the judgment of God for our sake, and the cursed death on the cross for our sins; in being buried, and continuing under the power of death for a time.
- Christ lowered Himself for us by becoming a man, suffering for us and dying (Philippians 2:5-8)
- Since Jesus suffered so much for us, how should we respond to Him? (We should love and trust Him.)
- In what way was Christ exalted?
Christ’s exaltation consists in His rising again from the dead on the third day, in ascending up into heaven, in sitting at the right hand of God the Father, and in coming to judge the world at the last day.
- Christ was glorified by rising from the dead, being raised to rule with His Father in heaven and will come again to judge everyone (Philippians 2:9-11)
- Since Christ is so powerful and is coming to judge everyone, how should we live? (We should humbly fear and obey Him.)