- Who is the Savior of God’s chosen people?
Jesus Christ is the Savior of God’s people.
- Jesus is the Savior (1 John 2:2)
- God has a chosen people (1 Peter 2:9)
- Why do we call Jesus the Savior?
- Do you want to be part of God’s chosen people?
- How can you become part of God’s chosen people? (Repent and believe)
- Is Jesus a human being or God?
God’s eternal and living Word became a man in order to save us; so He is both God and man at the same time forever.
- Before Christ was a human He was God’s eternal and living Word (John 1:1-2)
- God’s living and eternal Word became a human being (John 1:14)
- God’s Son is both God and human at the same time (Romans 9:5)
- Is Jesus half human and half God? (No, Jesus is 100% human and 100% God.)
- Can we fully understand this? (No, we accept it because that is what God has taught us in the Bible.)
- How did Christ, God’s eternal living Word, become human?
God’s living Word became a human by being born of a virgin named Mary through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- God’s living Word was incarnate in Mary when she was a virgin (Matthew 1:20)
- Can we fully understand how God’s Word became a human in the Mary’s womb? (No, we accept it because that is what God has taught us in the Bible.)
- In what way did Christ humble Himself?
Christ humbled Himself by being born a man, suffering for our sins on the cross, being buried and remaining dead for 3 days.
- Christ lowered Himself for us by becoming a man, suffering for us and dying (Philippians 2:5-8)
- Since Jesus suffered so much for us, how should we respond to Him? (We should love and trust Him.)
- In what way was Christ glorified?
Christ was glorified by being raised from the dead, then going back to heaven to be king next to His Father, and He will come again to judge the world.
- Christ was glorified by rising from the dead, being raised to rule with His Father in heaven and will come again to judge everyone (Philippians 2:9-11)
- Since Christ is so powerful and is coming to judge everyone, how should we live? (We should humbly fear and obey Him.)