- Who is God’s holy and chosen people?
The Church of Jesus Christ is God’s chosen people; the Church is made up of all true Christians.
- The Church is God’s chosen people (Ephesians 2:19-22)
- The Church is made up of all true Christians (1 Corinthians 1:2)
- What color of skin do God’s people have? (God’s people are not known by the way they look but by their faith and character.)
- How can we receive salvation in Jesus Christ?
We are saved by trusting that Jesus, through His death on the cross, covers all of our sins and gives us peace with God.
- We share in Christ through faith (Romans 5:1-2)
- Saving faith trusts in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Do you believe that Jesus died for you?
- Do you live for Him?
- How does God call people out of darkness?
God calls people out of darkness by the Holy Spirit who leads them to repentance and faith.
- God frees people by leading them to repentance and faith through grace (1 Thessalonians 1:4-9)
- Do you pray that God will lead you to faith and repentance?
- Teach the child how to pray for God to lead them to faith.
- How does God make His people holy?
God makes His people holy by writing His law on their hearts by the Holy Spirit.
- God renews His people’s hearts (Titus 3:5-6)
- God writes His law on their hearts (Ezekiel 36:25-27)
- Do you know that you need God to change the desires of your heart?
- Share some of your wrong desires.
- What has God promised His people?
God has promised to lead His people all of their lives and then resurrect them from the dead and give them eternal life.
- God has promised to raise His people from the dead and give them eternal life (John 6:40)
- God has promised to guard them and bring them to that life (John 10:28-29)
- Talk with your child about eternity and the importance to live for eternity not just for this life.
- What condition does God put on the promise of eternal life?
God promises to give eternal life to those who follow Him by faith until they die.
- People must trust in Christ until the end (1 Peter 1:5, Hebrews 3:14, Matthew 24:13)
- Explain to the child that the Christian life is like a race that we must finish to gain the prize. And remind them that until they join the race they have no hope of winning the prize.